02 03 GG's Pin-up Couture: New Pieces - Frida Kahlo Inspired Floral Headbands 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

New Pieces - Frida Kahlo Inspired Floral Headbands

34
frida kahlo headband by ggs mexican spanish
Frida
It's no secret that I absolutely adore Frida Kahlo. Ever since my days as an art student I've admired her painting style, her aesthetics and her philosophy. The piece that inspires me the most, and one of my favourite ever paintings is 'What the Water Gave Me'. It resonated so much with me as an 18 year old, and I don't think I've ever had a bath without visualising the painting, whether it's her version or my own strange landscape.
Frida Kahlo - What The Water Gave Me
Before I get too deep, on with the blog!

I know Frida inspires lots of designers, and she seems to be more popular than ever, becoming a fashion icon in her own right, something that is almost unheard of. She has even graced the cover of Vogue:


Frida on the cover of Vogue

A Beautiful Fuschia floral headpiece.
Frida sans flowers for once, but with a monkey. Frida Kahlo, Self Portrait with a Monkey, 1940


Self Portrait: Diego on My Mind, 1943
day of the dead headband ggs frida kahlo floral headband
Frida Marigolds, Roses and Butterfly


Frida Kahlo is also famous for her floral headdresses and I, inspired by this, have added a range of Frida-inspired floral bands to my shop

roses headband crown frida kahlo gothic gg's frida kahlo
Copyright: Kitty Kems Photography Model: Abi Rose MUA: Emily Porter    Red Roses Headdress by GG's Pin-up Couture
floral headband birds nest ggs pinup couture frida
Quirky Birds Nest Floral Band
floral headband pinks frida ggs mexican
4. Peonies and Roses by me
floral headband frida ears minnie mouse summer
5. Minnie Mouse Floral Ears
ggs floral crown headband frida kahlo purple bridal festival bohemian
6. Purple and Ivory Roses


.
Which one is your favourite?

My full range can be seen and purchased at www.ggspin-upcouture.co.uk. Custom designs welcome

Credits: Image one: Photography: Herr Fluck, Model, me
              Image 2, 3 and 5 by Kitty Kems Photography, models Abi Rose and Laura Flora respectively
              Image 4, model: Fleur De Guerre from Diary of a Vintage Girl
              Image 6 model: Nixe Phoria, Photographer: Herr Fluck.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , ,

35 36 37 38